Yolanda: We are building a new home and require an very special custom design for the area behind our cooker. Our house is very open plan farm style and our kitchen is going to include our dinning room. We have solid oak floors and the kitchen cupboards are in a putty green colour with pamas black honed slate tops. Our Stove is a burgundy Ilve gas cooker. We are open to suggestions but like the use of words in the tiles. My husband is French and is the chef of the house.
Perhaps a few herbs in french could be used. Please confirm back to us how you operate and where you are based.
Gerrit: We most definitely will be able to create and produce a One Of A Kind Kitchen Panel for you.
- Thank you for the information, but please be so kind to forward the dimensions and if you have some initial drawings of the area from your architect or kitchen designer.
- Gillian, our designer will use these to visualize the initial lay-outs for you.
- I would suggest a bone coloured background at this stage with wording in a dark charcoal grey.
- The words, recipe or phrase can be on French, and the images can be herbs or any other image.
- The Le Trou concept is extremely popular as well, with each client boasting their own unique design, never to be repeated again.
- To view other word/herb kitchens: Click options ONE or TWO
Gillian, our designer, will provide you with several options at the lay-out stage, from which you could chop and change.
All murals are delivered with numbered diagrams and a installation manual.
Transport is extremely safe, and we have received numerous compliments.
Our handmade tiles are mostly stoneware and porcelain based and of exceptional quality.
Morning, as requested please find attached the drawings for our kitchen. We are looking for a panel for behind our cooker. After viewing your gallery we love the plain tile with the herb names but perhaps not too many. I see that you do 2 different types of tile. Our budget unfortunately does not allow for the R16000 to R20 000 panel so please when designing ours bare that in mind.
Just to refresh, our kitchen will have putty green cupboards with pamas black honed slate tops and a burgundy Ilve gas cooker with a brushed chrome finish. Our ceiling is painted white tongue and groove. The kitchen and dinning room are one room, open plan measuring approximately 50 m2 and the style of the home is modern farm house.
We really look forward to hearing back from you.
Thank you for the details, Yolanda.
Gerrit: Gillian, will work on the options, and I shall forward the quotes to you, and at first glance it seems that the quotes will be substantially less than the R16000+.
Yolanda: Thank you so much for your quotation and designs. Can you possibly work on the following:
- Herbs to be as follows: Chillies, peppers, coriander,, ginger, garlic.
- Can the writing be done in upper and lower casing and in italic.
- The colour bone with grey writing seems perfect.
I see that there are various options and various prices. What is the quote based on. Is it the amount of letters or the type of tile used. We had budgeted around R5000 mark, what can be designed for that amount.
Gerrit: I shall ask Gillian to rework the designs.
The quantity of the words and the way we harmonize it across the tiles are the main driver of costs.
By when will you need the tiles? Our standard quotes are for 30 working days delivery, for a 45 working day we provide for a 20% discount. Will a quote of approximately R5300 be fine? I shall confirm with the layout. You can expect delivery much sooner than later due to a big contract commencing and slotting in at 45 days as well. As long as you send me a few images!!
Yolanda: I will definitely send you pictures of the final result:-)
Yes we can manage the R5300 amount. We are hoping to be in our home before the 31st August so we would hope for an earlier rather than later delivery. Let me know once we have concluded the deal.
Looking forward to your new designs.