I am working on a project in Clifton, House Kowarski, and we are looking at tiling a section/column in the Kitchen where the wine coolers are going. We would like to use a rectangular, ceramic tile, size: approx. 200x60mm in one of the following colours from Midas Earthcote, but with slight shimmer:
1) 3CGB Twinkle
2) 4ACP Sparkle
3) 4BCP Wild Side
4) 3FCP Wet Cardboard
- 2100mm wide x 2400mm high
- 2000mm wide x 2400mm high
Please let me know whether you will be able to make these and then, could you supply us with samples and the costing.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for the enquiry, Janetta.
We can customize the tile for you. I shall collect the colour samples tomorrow, and will then revert re. costing and price.
Will you be so kind to provide me with an estimated deadline?
The following link shows an installation with a satin glaze on our standard metro tile of 150 x 75mm.
The attached images are of R&D samples – in a flat tile format - to be used in a floor with a satin low gloss glaze.
Janetta: Thank you for the response. This is very good news. Estimated deadline - I would say mid September, but I will confirm.
Gerrit: I viewed the colours, but could not bring samples back to the studio. If you have paint mixed up, be so kind to send some painted reference material when Edwina visit us tomorrow.
Close matches of these colours could be developed.
I shall prepare some samples from previous orders; it may reference colour but not necessarily the glaze mattness or gloss.
Other tiles will be included to reference technical processes regarding possible surface, shape, form, etc.
All the contracts are custom produced regarding the parameters received from you and the costing will vary according to the final production process and the deadline. I shall provide some indication with the samples.
Your deadline of approximately 45 working days will qualify for a discount at present.
Janetta: Edwina from our office is coming your way tomorrow – she would like to pop in to see what you have – would it at all be possible to have samples ready by tomorrow or possibly get similar samples???(Please send directions.)
Edwina is coming your on Thursday, not tomorrow. (I had it wrong). I will send Plascon colour swatches with her.
- Sorry, I just got briefed on what we need: ‘look’ of 70’s floor tiles (brick size) – so the size needs to be 230x65mm, glazed ceramic, colour ‘sea glass’ (no shimmer, just glazed).You do have very similar colour tiles on your website.
Herewith colours from Plascon Expressions (maybe easier to get hold of);
- E23-4 Flange
- D24-3 Dried moss
- E24-3 Canteen
- D23-3 Wintergreen
- E24-4 Riviere
- D24-2 Chill Green
Gerrit: Which of the 6 Plascon ref. is closest and most accurate to your brief? I shall use this ref. to formulate and construct a glaze finish.
Janetta: I would say E24-3 “Canteen” and E23-4 “Flange”.
Gerrit: New colour coordination tests may be successful later today – otherwise later this week.
Re. The quote
- Is for a 35 working day deadline. A longer deadline of 45 working days may qualify for some extra discount and deadlines shorter than 25 working days will be at the full price.
- This includes mouldmaking costs and colour coordination and the time we need to produce the molds.
- The quote is for one square meter of tiles.
- Please confirm urgently if your client intends to proceed. Payment of the correct quote – reflecting the quantities needed - will confirm the order so that the moldmaking process can commence.
- The production of molds and the manufacturing of bisque tiles will take approximately 20 to 25 working days for the 8 m2 that you originally mentioned. During this period we could still finalize the final colour – and final glaze production will only commence once colour samples has been approved.
Janetta, as you can see, the earlier we are involved the more economical it becomes.
- Will any of these tiles be cut on site? We could pre-cut the tiles before glazing if you provide the exact dimensions of the surfaces hwre
Gerrit: Good morning Janetta, how is the drawing of plans proceeding on your side, re. the walls for the tiles. I suppose the dealine is not mid-sept anymore?
- I am not sure where we are at with the drawing!? Jane is happy with the samples that you left here and aggress that you should be appointed before we go any further. I suppose the only thing holding us back is at this stage is the drawing!
- We are definitely going for it. We like the last batch that was left here – colours varying slightly.
- Attached, please find detailed dimensioned drawing of column where tiles are going.
- We would also like to do a splash back in the Kitchen: size 2600 x 2 rows (in height)
- Please send through a quote in order for us to get you appointed.
Gerrit: One question – Do you want us to manufacture the tiles at the column corners as a “bull nose” – curved tile? It can be done, and will ensure a superior finish to the tiles.